One of my favorite meals to make on the weekends for Jarod and I, is this Bacon And Egg Breakfast Scramble. You only need one pan to cook everything so there’s minimal clean-up afterwards and you can use any veggies in your fridge you might have neglected during the week.
My scrambles always vary depending upon what I happen to have on hand, but I always make sure to have some protein to mix in with the veggies. One of my favorites is of course, bacon! But you could use chicken sausage, ham, or leave it out altogether if you’re vegetarian.
For veggies, the possibilities are endless! You could use broccoli, spinach, parsley, zucchini, whatever floats your veggie boat. This recipe is so versatile you can make it your own just by changing up a few ingredients.
To top things off I like to serve my scrambles with a side of toast or an english muffin. The scramble tastes extra yummy when you pile it on top of your toast. Let me know what you end up adding to your breakfast scramble in the comments! Would love to hear about your breakfast creations.
Bacon And Egg Breakfast Scramble
6 Large Brown Eggs
4 Slices Of Bacon (Chopped)
1 Cup Yellow Cherry Tomatoes (Sliced In Half)
⅓ Cup Cilantro (Stems Removed)
1 Roma Tomato (Diced, 2 Slices Saved For Garnish)
1/2 Red Bell Pepper (Diced)
½ Cup Shredded Cheese ( I Used A Taco Cheese Mix)
Salt & Pepper To Taste
- Preheat a large cast iron skillet to medium heat. Once it’s hot add the chopped bacon and cook until almost crispy. Drain some of the bacon grease if desired and then add the bell pepper and tomatoes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- While the veggies are sautéing with the bacon crack the eggs into a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Once the veggies and bacon are cooked add the eggs and mix together in the pan. Cook for about 3 minutes or until the eggs are no longer runny. They should be fluffy. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Turn off the pan and top with the cilantro and shredded cheese. Stir once more to combine.
- Serve in a small cast iron skillet with a side of toast!
I’m really happy that you are trying out my Bacon And Egg Breakfast Scramble Recipe. Would love to see how it turns out for you! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures or use my hashtag #natashasfoodadventures.