One of my favorite sandwiches is a classic BLT. It’s so simple in it’s ingredients yet so delicious! That’s why I decided it was time to pay homage to the BLT with my own breakfast version. This might not be the world’s most groundbreaking recipe, but trust me it’s a great way to start your day.
There are a few key things to keep in mind when choosing your ingredients. First, the bread. I went with a fresh baked sourdough from my local grocery store’s bakery but you can use any bread that you like. Second, the bacon. I went with a nice thick sliced bacon because it’s the only meat on the sandwich and thin slices just won’t do! Lastly, the eggs. I use organic brown eggs. I find that these are the best eggs to cook over medium or over easy for a sandwich like this.
These are all personal preferences of course. I know not everyone wants to spend money on thick cut bacon and organic eggs, but it’s what I prefer to use! Experiment a little and find what works best for you and your budget.
BLT Breakfast Sandwich
*Makes 2 Sandwiches*
4 Slices of Sourdough Bread (Or Bread of Your Choice)
4 Large Brown Eggs
1-2 Tablespoons Mayo
2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
2 Leaves of Romaine Lettuce
2 Vine Ripe Tomatoes
Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup later. Place 6 pieces of bacon on the baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 15 to 17 minutes.
- While the bacon is cooking, prep the rest of your ingredients. Remove the pit from your avocado and slice into thin strips. I only used half of the Avocado for two sandwiches but you can use the whole avocado if you want. Tear your lettuce into sandwich sized strips and slice your tomatoes into thin slices. Depending on how big your tomatoes are you may only need one.
- Once the bacon is done cooking remove it from the oven (leave the oven on) and place the bacon on a plate with a paper towel to soak up the grease. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Next place your sourdough bread directly on the oven rack and toast for about 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the bread toasts, cook your eggs. I prefer mine cooked over easy but you can prepare them however you like. To cook them over easy heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of the butter. When the butter starts to melt and foam reduce the heat to low and then break the eggs gently into the pan. If you’re not careful you may crack the yolk.
- Cook the eggs slowly until the whites are firm and the yolk begins to thicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Flip the eggs gently with a spatula and continue cooking until desired doneness. Usually less than one more minute is needed.
- At this point the bread should be toasted. Remove the eggs from the pan and set them on a plate. Butter one side of two pieces of the toast and spread the mayo on the other two.
- Place the rest of the ingredients (including the bacon and eggs) on the two slices of bread with mayo, in whatever order you prefer. There is no right or wrong way! Top with the second piece of bread and slice in half for easy consumption. Enjoy!
I’m really happy that you are trying out my BLT Breakfast Sandwich Recipe. Would love to see how it turns out for you! Be sure to tag me on Instagram @natashasfoodadventures or use my hashtag #natashasfoodadventures.